Monday, June 3, 2013

The Hammock

I am home sick today, hydrating and lounging in the hammock. 

Yesterday I was totally miserable and really productive. I hung a clothes line and the previously mentioned hammock while Andy worked on the gutters. I also cleaned the grate in the floor by the fire place and the top of the cabinets. These areas were covered with black, greasy, poopy tar and cat hair. We took some photos but it's too gross to post. Here is a PG rated photo of the top after one pass each with the vacuum and Pledge followed by Goo-Gone and a scraper.  


This morning I smashed some wasps' nests. Afterward I did some research and apparently these were friendlier wasps that eat lots of bugs. They are still wasps to me and I am going to pull out the ladder to reach the final nest. 


On our way home from the gutter trip to Home Depot yesterday we did a quick u-turn when we saw a free push lawn mower on the side of the road. The gentlemen giving it away was riding a shiny new mower and stopped his work when he noticed us eyeing his old equipment. Hopefully it needs nothing more than a new spark plug! 


Oh, as luck would have it he was getting rid of a "perfectly good" snowblower as well. The guy will have to find someone else to take his old bike. Doesn't Andy look dashing with the fleet?? I think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment