Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Sunday

So we haven't gotten a chance to update about the end of the long weekend because it was so super productive. We are also in the final phase of cleaning in our Northampton apartment. It's intense taking care of two places at once but soon we will focus our energy up here. So, all in all the long weekend was really productive but Sunday was the best by far. Among the smaller accomplishments, I mounted the toilet paper holder and corner cabinet in the downstairs bathroom.

I am learning to use lots of new tools and I make the very best concentration faces.  

The hammer and driver are the only tool use documentation from Sunday but I swear I used the jig saw and chop saw. Not the "clircular" saw- that one is "too sharp" and "just for real work men like Andy" according to a little boy in my class. Besides the reward of having a more structurally sound home to live in, I am getting some great material for stories to share at school. I have a fan club of three year olds (mostly boys) fascinated by the number of tools in have at my home!


And a "real work man" too!

Here is the beam and subfloor in place:


I am clearly inspecting the quality work with a well trained eye. It passed my inspection.

One other mini side project of the day was straightening out a band joist (I am making  that word up but I think that sounds like something Andy might call it). We had to pop over to the neighbors for a socket wrench extension. Andy held the other side from the basement while I cranked the wrench by reaching under the deck. The difference is substantial:
The top is before and bottom is after.  I did that!

Tha peonies have popped and they make hammock laying even better- I didn't know that was possible! 


No comments:

Post a Comment