Saturday, May 18, 2013

Waiting game

    With all the parts and pieces of the home-buying process falling into place over the last couple of months, the last few days before the closing seem to be really taking forever! I am trying to be patient, but as homeownership is something I have dreamed of my whole adult life, the last wait is agonizing. 
    We have the luxury of taking our time with the move, which will save us the trouble of renting a big truck to do it all in one shot. Our plan is to start with the futon and some house plants, some sheets, towels, pillows, and if there is any room left in the car, a couple of our chairs. Oh yea, the hammock is up there on the priority list as well. 
    The major moving will likely occur on the weekends, when Sarah can help out, though maybe I can convince her into a couple easy evening/overnight schleps. It seems crazy not to spend as much time as possible in our new abode, but work is still right here or both of us.
    Our list of projects involving the new house seems to grow all the time. If I can make it to (through?) Wednesday's morning closing and afternoon walk-through, I think I'll be ok. The sellers are also closing on a house on Wednesday, and are moving during the day. Every time I think I am stressed about buying this house and moving, I have to think about them, and the domino effect of something not working out for us, which would then keep them from their new home. Pretty crazy process, no matter how we look at it!
1love
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment