Thursday, May 23, 2013

Cleanup

   Well we are in! The sellers left a pretty greasy kitchen (somehow we missed that when we first saw the place), so we are working into some nooks and crannies. I realize I should have photographed the inside of the fridge yesterday, but I don't think anyone else should have to suffer through that.
    Q: What spills in a fridge that, when left to do its thing in the most unreachable (but visible!) spots takes on the notes of feet, cheese, and pickled foot cheese? A: Who knows, but I'm glad it's mostly gone now.
   The oven and range are caked with baked on grease, so I had to call in the big guns, the stuff that takes pitch off of saw blades...
This never happened.
   So in addition, yesterday we went through a mess of disinfectant wipes that Sarah had the good sense to bring along. I tightened almost every single knob in the kitchen, and started to wipe down cabinet doors. It's amazing how sticky and greasy literally every surface had become!

   Today, I am going to tear up and remove the carpeting in the master bedroom and upstairs hallway. Cat dander makes it impossible for my wife to  breathe, and inheriting other people's carpet is just weird.

I have a huge long list of projects with varying degrees of urgency attached to them. This one is urgent, but not like the water seeping into the basement after some heavy rain......
More later
1love
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment